Van Buren County Hospital
304 Franklin StKeosauqua, IA 52565
Van Buren County Hospital and Medical Clinics is a 25-bed Critical Access Hospital with six Rural Health Clinics located in scenic Van Buren County. The hospital is affiliated with University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC) and hosts 15 specialty clinics on a monthly basis. The hospital was designated by UIHC as its Southeast Iowa Heart Center and is the first hospital in the state to host a UIHC teledermatology clinic.
The county has many opportunities for outdoor activities, such as camping, hiking, fishing and scenic drives. Lacey-Keosauqua State Park, Iowa’s largest state park, and Shimek Forest, Iowa's largest state-owned forest, are both located in Van Buren County.
The county consists of several towns known as the “Villages of Van Buren.” Keosauqua, the county seat, boasts the oldest courthouse in continuous use in Iowa. Homes and buildings listed on the national register of historic places can be found throughout the county. Bonaparte was one of five winners nationwide of the "Great American Main Street Award.” Many antique and craft shops operate throughout the Villages. Several artists and craftspersons have their studios here.
Van Buren County offers a safe, friendly, affordable place to live that is only four hours from St. Louis and five from Chicago. Fairfield, Iowa, 20 miles to the north, offers cultural experiences in art and music sponsored by the local college.
Van Buren County Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you wish to file a Civil Rights program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, found online at http://www.ascr.usda.gov/complaintfilingcust.html or at any USDA office, or call (866)632-9992 to request the form. You may also write a letter containing all of the information requested in the form. Send your completed complaint form or letter to us by mail at U.S. Department of Agriculture, Director, Office of Adjudication, 1400 Independence Avenue, S.W., Washington, D.C. 20250-9410, by fax (202)690-7442 or email at email@example.com.
Please send resumes to: Van Buren County Hospital - 304 Franklin - Keosauqua, IA 52565
Posted: 7/25/13Chris McEntee319-293-3171
Van Buren County Hospital is looking for a full time Network Director to oversee our HRSA grant and work as a team member in our Information Technology Department. This position directs the day to day operations of the network, is responsible for completion of network work plan projects, works with network member staff to accomplish network goals, oversees the network budget, complies with any reporting requirements for the network grant, works on sustainability of the network, supports EHR users, database administration, data reporting, troubleshooting, and various other duties.
1. Evaluate and/or recommend purchases of computers, network hardware, peripheral equipment, and software; for our network members
2. Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
3. Install, configure, and maintain personal computers, networks, workstations, file servers, Ethernet networks, network cabling, and other related equipment, devices, and systems; adds or upgrades and configures modems, disk drives, data acquisition boards, CD ROM units, printers, and related equipment.
4. Perform and/or oversee software and application development, installation, and upgrades.
5. Support and troubleshoot our EHR and Revenue Cycle system users.
6. Troubleshoot networks, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties.
7. Develop and conduct various training and instruction for system users on operating systems, relational databases, and other applications; assist users in maximizing use of networks and computing systems, and help train EHR and Revenue Cycle system users.
8. Develop reports from the EHR and Revenue Cycle systems.
9. Identify utilization patterns and their effect on operation/system availability and performance expectations.
10. Anticipate communication and networking problems and implement preventive measures.
11. Establish and perform maintenance programs following company and vendor standards.
12. Ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
13. Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
14. Maintain confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored or accessed by the network.
15. Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
16. Schedule network meetings and complete all network grant reporting requirements with HRSA.
17. Assist network member with troubleshooting and working with their vendors.
18. Project management of network work plan.
19. Provide a High Level of customer service to our internal users and our network members.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Basic reading, writing, and arithmetic skills required. This is normally acquired through a high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Knowledge of a range of computer networking systems and languages to include UNIX, Windows, or similar computer networks. Knowledge of computing and network hardware and peripheral equipment. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel. Ability to install, configure, and maintain personal computers, networks, and related hardware and software. Knowledge of federal copyright laws as they pertain to the use of computer software. Knowledge of computer and/or network security systems, applications, procedures, and techniques. Ability to identify and resolve computer system malfunctions and operational problems. Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities. Ability to provide technical training to end users. Ability to learn and support new systems and applications. Work with users requires interpersonal skills. This is normally acquired through a combination of a Bachelor's Degree and three to five years of networking and application support experience.
3. Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
4. Project Management Experience of multiple organization projects.
5. Management of staff experience.
6. Experience with the following Microsoft products: Window Server, Exchange, SQL, Sharepoint, AD, DNS, DHCP, Office, Windows 7, and Window XP.
7. Report writing skills from different systems using Crystal Reports or other reporting tools.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work requires extensive work using a computer. Responsibilities may require evening and weekend work in response to needs of the systems being supported.
All qualified applicants may obtain an employment application at VBCH, 304 Franklin St., Keosauqua, IA 52565 or online at www.vbch.org. Applications may be e-mailed to or sent to 304 Franklin Street, Keosauqua, IA 52565. For information on this position contact Chris McEntee at 319-293-3171. EOE/ AA Employer
Van Buren Count Hospital currently has a position open for a COTA (certified occupational therapy assistant.) Applicant shall have graduated from a certified OTA program and be licensed in the state of Iowa. New graduates are welcome to apply. All qualified applicants may obtain an employment application at VBCH, 304 Franklin St, Keosauqua, IA 52565 or online at www.vbch.org. Applications may be submitted to the address above or emailed to For more information contact Gary Debner PT at 319-293-3171, ext. 1154. EOE/AA Employer.
Van Buren County Hospital is seeking a RN for a full time night position to work a 12 hour shift and every other weekend. Med-Surg experience preferred but must be willing to cross train to either the ED or OB department. Must have a current Iowa R
Van Buren County Hospital is seeking a part-time evening CNA to work on their Med-Surg unit. Must be willing to work all shifts. All applicants may obtain an employment application at VBCH, 304 Franklin St., Keosauqua, IA 52565 or online at www.vbch.org. Applications may be emailed to or sent to the above address. For further information on this position contact Kay Gabriel at 319-293-3171. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer/AA Employer.
Van Buren County Hospital is seeking a Paramedic for a full or part-time position to work 12 hour shifts and every other weekend. All shifts available. Must be an Iowa Paramedic or Paramedic Specialist. On year experience is preferred. All applicants may obtain an employment application at VBCH, 304 Franklin St., Keosauqua, IA 52565 or online at www.vbch.org. Applications may be emailed to or sent to the above address. For further information on this position contact Kay Gabriel/Dan Wells at 319-293-3171. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer/AA Employer.
Van Buren County Hospital is taking applications for a full-time Patient and Insurance Billing Representative. This position is primarily responsible for insurance and patient billing duties including patient collections or financial counseling and billing commercial carriers on all insurance accounts, both inpatient and outpatient, and/or billing of Medicare and Medicaid accounts. This position could also perform a variety of patient services, from cashiering duties to insurance billing to financial counseling or collections to balancing cash against receipts. Financial counseling duties include explaining financial requirements, investigating and recommending long term payment arrangements, and collections. All qualified applicants may obtain an employment application at VBCH, 304 Franklin St, Keosauqua, IA 52565 or online at www.vbch.org. Applications may be submitted to the address above or emailed to Please contact Theresa Dunkin at 319-293-3171 for more information on this position. EOE/AA Employer.
Van Buren County Hospital is hiring a temporary, part-time Community Wellness/Outreach Health Associate. Job duties will include data entry, grant activity tracking and reporting, monthly budgets, identifying and developing community events including educational programs and activity events, and assisting with Occupational Health Department activities. Position may include some evenings and weekend events. Professional Qualifications: Grant experience preferred but not mandatory, good organizational skills, must be able to relate to the community and have good communications skills, and computer knowledge. All applicants may obtain an employment application at VBCH, 304 Franklin St., Keosauqua, IA 52565 or online at www.vbch.org. Applications may be emailed to or sent to the above address. For further information on this position contact Melissa Daugherty. This institution is an equal opportunity provider and employer/AA Employer.